Class 1 | Class 2 | Class 3 | Class 4 | Class 5 GDL (Basic) | Class 5 GDL Exit (Non-GDL) | Class 6 | Class 7
Class 3 Requirements:
- Minimum Licencing Age: 18
- Probationary Drivers: Not Eligible
- Operate any motor vehicle or combination of vehicles that the holder of a Class 5 operators may operate
- Operate any single motor vehicle with three or more axles
Operate any single motor vehicle with three or more axles towing a trailer with one or more axles, if the trailer is not equipped with air brakes
- Operate Class 2 or Class 4 type vehicles without passengers
- Hold a learning of Class 1, Class 2 and Class 6
Holders May Not:
- Operate a motor vehicle that has a seating capacity of more than 15, while that vehicle is transporting any person other than the driver
- Operate a motor vehicle to transport passengers for hire Note: Drivers of single-motor vehicles registered as a farm vehicle do not require an air brake “Q” endorsement.
Steps To Obtain:
- Written Exam: To start the process of obtaining your class 3 drivers licence you must first take the written examination. Come into our office with your identification to take a 30 multiple choice question examination.
If you wish to come in to write an exam, please ensure that you arrive no later than 30 minutes before we close.
- Road Test: We can book and provide a road test for you.
Contact our office at 403-934-2375 for more information or see our friendly staff to purchase your road test.
If the vehicle you are driving is equipped with air brakes, you must provide proof of your “Q” endorsement or have your air brake course completed.
When you are ready to re-class your licence to a Class 3, come into our Gold Key Registries office with all the documents mentioned above and our friendly staff will assist you.