There are many forms of vehicle licencing in Alberta. Pick a section below to find out more.
Whether you’re a veteran or simply want to customize your plate.
A customized plate is a great choice, this segment will direct you about licence plates in Alberta.
- Veteran’s plates
- Personalized plates
- Plate transfers
- Trailer plates
Buying a new vehicle in Strathmore?
If you’re ready to purchase a new vehicle, consider a Vehicle Information Report to make sure you’re making the right choice.
- Liens registered to the vehicle
- Vehicle status (written off, salvaged, etc.)
- When and where the vehicle was registered
Be prepared to know the things you need in order to register your vehicle
- What to bring to the registry
- Things you should know
- Cost of registering a new vehicle
Renewing your registration
- Know what to bring
- Insurance requirements
- Cost of renewing your registration
What you need in order to register an out of province (OOP) or out of country vehicle.
- Requirements to apply
- Request for inspection
Find the information you need to know about short term and long term disabled placards, forms needed and charges
- Application forms
- Information in Alberta
Commercial plate licencing for business owners, contractors, and self-employed individuals.
- Class 1 commercial licence plates ( Professional transportation)
- Class 2 licence plates (Farming & delivery)
Don’t have registration to move your vehicle?
Look into an in-transit permit
- Information about in-transit permit
- Find out what an in-transit permit covers and how to get one