Frequently Asked Questions About Corporate Registry Services in Strathmore
Want to know more about our corporate registration services in Strathmore? Read on for detailed answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
How do I incorporate a business in Strathmore?
Easy. GoldKey can help you incorporate a business in Strathmore in just 6 easy-to-follow steps.
- Select a name or choose a numbered company.
- Get a NUANS report to ensure no other corporation has the same name as you. This step reserves your name for 90 days. Numbered companies need not follow this step.
- Fill out your Articles of Incorporation, which you can get in-person or online.
- Register your company’s official address in a Notice of Address. This must be in Alberta.
- Register a director in a “Notice of Directors.” You will be required to elect/appoint at least one.
- Submit your application package with GoldKey, including all of the above (as well as valid ID and fee payment.)
What exactly is a corporate search?
A corporate search is a search process that is completed through a database of historical and current corporations. This allows you to find out a corporation’s registered name and address.
What is a NUANS report?
A NUANS report (NUANS stands for Newly Upgraded Automated Name Search) is a process that compares a prospect corporation name with a huge database of existing Canadian and Alberta corporations. If you’re incorporating and not using a numbered company, you are not allowed to do so if you have the same name or a similar name as another corporation.
What is an annual return?
An annual return is a notification to the provincial government that your business is still active and operating in the province. With an annual return, you may also update other relevant information such as changes to directors or a corporation’s address. It’s not the same as a tax return. You can submit an annual return at GoldKey Registry by gathering all shareholder info, filling out the annual return form (available at the registry or available online) and submit your annual return with valid ID and pay all your necessary service fees.