If you wish to take your husband or wife’s last name or wish to have a combination of the two, you may be required to submit a marriage certificate from Vital Statistics. Driver’s licences, bank accounts, credit cards and taxation offices may require this certificate as proof that you and your spouse are married.
Who can order a marriage certificate
- A person whose marriage is registered
- An individual with written authorization
- Legal representative who requires it for official duties (proof is required)
- An individual with an order from the court
- A person with power of attorney, guardian or trustee
- Any adult next of kin of the decease bride or groom
- The executor of the estate
Steps to obtain your Marriage Certificate
- Come to the Gold Key Registries office with personal identification.
- Provide our staff with your contact information as well as your marriage information, such as date, place of marriage, full names of bride and groom.
- At Gold Key Registries we have the ability to order your marriage certificate with Vital Statistics right on line. This can speed up the ordering process greatly.
Please allow one to three business days for delivery of your certificate
Once your certificate has arrived we will contact you. Please pick up your certificate at our Gold Key Registries office. Before doing so, you must provide identification so that we can verify your identity.