Stage 1 – Learner or Class 7
Class 7 Requirements
- Applicant must be at least 14 years of age
- Have parental consent if the applicant is under the age of 18
A parental consent form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian. This form must be signed in our office.
Steps to Obtaining Your Class 7
- To start the process of obtaining your Class 7 drivers licence you must first take the written examination. Come into our office with your 2 pieces of eligible identification to take a 30 multiple choice question examination.
If you wish to come in to write an exam, please ensure that you arrive no later than 30 minutes before we close.
- The applicant must pass an eye examination administered by our friendly staff.
After you have passed your written learners examination, you can obtain a Class 7 licence card.
Learners Licence Holder Conditions
- Must hold a Learners licence (Class 7) for at least one year Must be accompanied by a fully licenced driver that is not a probationary driver who is 18 years of age or older and is seated next to the driver.
- Learners are not permitted to drive from midnight to 5 A.M
- Not permitted to have more passengers than seat belts
- Only 8 demerit points are allowed for learners drivers
- Have a zero alcohol level
If learning to drive a motorcycle, you must be 16 years of age and are not permitted to drive during night time hours. You must be accompanied by a fully licenced driver who is 18 years of age or older and is either seated on the motorcycle with you or is following you in or on another motor vehicle