Vehicle Licensing

There are many forms of vehicle licensing in Alberta. Pick a section below to find out more.

License Plates

Whether you’re a veteran or simply want to customize your plate.

A customized plate is a great choice, this segment will direct you about license plates in Alberta.

  • Veteran’s plates
  • Personalized plates
  • Plate transfers
  • Trailer plates

Learn More

Vehicle Information Reports

Buying a new vehicle in Strathmore?

If you’re ready to purchase a new vehicle, consider a Vehicle Information Report to make sure you’re making the right choice.

  • Liens registered to the vehicle
  • Vehicle status (written off, salvaged, etc.)
  • When and where the vehicle was registered

Learn More

New Vehicle Registration

Be prepared to know the things you need in order to register your vehicle

  • What to bring to the registry
  • Things you should know
  • Cost of registering a new vehicle

Learn More

Skip the line and renew online:

Renew Online Now

Vehicle Registration Renewals

Renewing your registration

  • Know what to bring
  • Insurance requirements
  • Cost of renewing your registration

Learn More

Out of Province Registrations

What you need in order to register an out of province (OOP) or out of country vehicle.

  • Requirements to apply
  • Request for inspection
  • Registration

Learn More

Disabled Placards

Find the information you need to know about short term and long term disabled placards, forms needed and charges

  • Application forms
  • Information in Alberta

Learn More

Commercial Plates

Commercial plate licencing for business owners, contractors, and self-employed individuals.

  • Prorate
  • Class 1 commercial licence plates ( Professional transportation)
  • Class 2 licence plates (Farming & delivery)

Learn More

In-Transit Permits

Don’t have registration to move your vehicle?

Look into an in-transit permit

  • Information about in-transit permit
  • Find out what an in-transit permit covers and how to get one

Learn More

Did you know?

Wheatland and Rocky View Counties are Changing your Rural Mailing Addresses.

Please DO NOT come in before the Effective Date on your letter from Canada Post.