Class 5 GDL Exit (Non-GDL | Advanced)
Class 5 Requirements:
- Minimum Licencing Age: 18 (or 16 with consent of guardian)
- Minimum Learning Age: 14 (Class 7)
- Probationary Drivers: licence is probationary for 2 years.
Non-Probationary Class 5 Holders May:
- Operate a two-axle single motor vehicle
- Operate a recreational vehicle with not more than three axles
- Operate a two-axle motor vehicle or a two-axle recreational vehicle towing a trailer with one or more axles, if the trailer is not equipped with air brakes
- Operate three-axle recreational vehicle and a trailer if the trailer has not more than two-axels and is not equipped with air brakes
- Operate a moped
- Hold a learning status of Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, and Class 4 if the operator is over 18
- Operate a two-axle Class 2 or Class 4 type vehicle without passengers
- Operate motorcycle for learning only
Non-Probationary Class 5 Holders May Not:
- Operate a motorcycle (except as a learner)
- Operate a motor vehicle with a seating capacity of more than 15 while that vehicle is transporting any person other than the driver
- Operate a motor vehicle transporting passengers for hire
- Operate a motor vehicle equipped with air brakes, unless the operator has an air brake endorsement. The exception would be two-axle air brake equipped vehicles registered in Alberta as farm vehicles
Note: For a full step-by-step guide on acheiving your non- probationary Class 5 licencing, please see our Graduated Driver Licencing (GDL) section.
Steps To Obtain (Non-Probationary):
- Maintain a suspension-free record for the last year of the two- year probationary stage.
- By now you should be ready to take part 2 of the road test. This examination is more advanced than the previous, but by now you should have the skills necessary to complete your training. We can book and provide a road test for you.
Contact our office at 403-934-2375 for more information.
You can also book your Class 5 GDL exit road test by clicking here.
All online road test bookings must be paid for via PayPal, Visa or MasterCard.
You are now ready to re-class your licence to a Non- Probationary Class 5 and can have your GDL licence replaced with a full Class 5 driver’s licence.
Probationary Road Test: Book Now
Non-Probationary Road Test: Book Now