Out of Province Registrations

What you need to register an out-of-province (OOP) or out-of-country vehicle:

Step One: Request for Inspection

  1. Proof of ownership. (title/previous registration/bill of sale)
  2. Identification (example: Valid Driver’s Licence)
  3. Customs form #1 (out-of-country vehicles only)

Bring these documents to the office and request an out-of-province inspection form.

Step Two: Registration

  1. VALID Alberta insurance in the name of the registered owner(s)
  2. Mechanical Inspection Form (from certified mechanic). This form is only valid for 14 days from the date of completion.
  3. Identification (example: Valid Driver’s Licence)
  4. Proof of ownership. (title/previous registration/bill of sale)
  5. Customs form #1 (out-of-country vehicles only)
  6. Authorization form if necessary – See clerk for more details

OOP/Salvage Vehicle Inspection Stations:


Other Vehicle Services We Provide

Customized License Plates

At Goldkey, you can customize your license plates to represent your personality or interests. You can also get a personalized plate if you are a veteran.

Vehicle Information Report

Our vehicle information report provides a comprehensive history of any registered vehicle in Alberta, including collision and insurance information.

New Vehicle Registrations

If you have just purchased a vehicle, we can help you get it registered and on the road in no time.

Online Vehicle Registration Renewal in Alberta

Renew your vehicle registration conveniently online or in-person at our offices.

Disabled Placards

If you have a disability, we can assist you in getting a disabled placard that allows you to park in designated spots.

Commercial Vehicle Registration in Strathmore

We can assist you in obtaining and renewing commercial plates for your business vehicles.

In-transit Permits

If you need to transport a vehicle that is unregistered or uninsured, we can help you obtain an in-transit permit.