A Vehicle Information Report may be very useful when buying a used car.
This report can help you make a decision based on the history of the vehicle, and give you valuable information such as:
- When it was first registered in Alberta
- The status of the vehicle (written-off, salvaged, active)
- Where it has been registered in Alberta
- How many times it has been registered to a new owner in Alberta
- Vehicle description
- Odometer reading (if available)
- Number of liens registered to the vehicle but not any specific lien information.
(To obtain specific lien information, a lien search must be submitted)
To obtain a Vehicle Information Report:
- Obtain the VIN or serial number of the vehicle you wish to search
- Come into the Gold Key Registries office and provide our staff with this serial number