Vehicle Information Reports

Vehicle Information Report for Used Cars

A Vehicle Information Report may be very useful when buying a used car.
This report can help you make a decision based on the history of the vehicle, and give you valuable information such as:

  1. When it was first registered in Alberta
  2. The status of the vehicle (written-off, salvaged, active)
  3. Where it has been registered in Alberta
  4. How many times it has been registered to a new owner in Alberta
  5. Vehicle description
  6. Odometer reading (if available)
  7. Number of liens registered to the vehicle but not any specific lien information.

(To obtain specific lien information, a lien search must be submitted)

To obtain a Vehicle Information Report:

  • Obtain the VIN or serial number of the vehicle you wish to search
  • Come into the Gold Key Registries office and provide our staff with this serial number

Carfax Canada

A great supplement to the Vehicle Information Report is a CarProof report, which could reveal additional information not provided in the Vehicle Information Report.

Please note:

Because of the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, names and personal information of the vehicle’s current and previous owners are restricted and cannot be included in the report.

Other Vehicle Services We Provide

Customized License Plates

 At Goldkey, you can customize your license plates to represent your personality or interests. You can also get a personalized plate if you are a veteran.

New Vehicle Registrations

If you have just purchased a vehicle, we can help you get it registered and on the road in no time.

Renew Vehicle Registration in Alberta

Renew your vehicle registration conveniently online or in-person at our offices.

Out-of-Province Registration

If you have moved to Alberta from another province, we can help you register your vehicle in your new home.

Disabled Placards

If you have a disability, we can assist you in getting a disabled placard that allows you to park in designated spots.

commercial vehicle plates Strathmore

We can assist you in obtaining and renewing commercial plates for your business vehicles.

In-transit Permits

If you need to transport a vehicle that is unregistered or uninsured, we can help you obtain an in-transit permit.