In-Transit Permits

Intransit Permit for Moving Unregistered Vehicles

This permit allows you to move an unregistered vehicle from one location to another in Canada.

You must provide proof of ownership, proof of valid insurance, and a description of the vehicle including the make, year and serial number, The maximum time this permit is valid for is 7 days. The duration of the trip from one location to the other determines how long the permit will be issued for.

When a vehicle is being moved within Alberta only insurance and identification is required and will be issued for a maximum of 3 days.

An intransit permit can also be used for servicing purposes, and for test-driving purposes.

Steps in obtaining Intransit Permits:

  1. Gather together your bill of sale, insurance and identification
  2. Write down the vehicle’s current address (or location) as well as the destination where you wish to move the unregistered vehicle.
  3. Come into the Gold Key Registries office with these documents and our friendly staff will be able to assist you.